Welcome

If you would like to learn more about my process as an artist and ceramist you are in the right place. I will outline my process on specific pieces and give you insight into how they were created. You can also find out more about me as a person, what I'm interested in and other great artists selling their work on Etsy. Enjoy!

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Why can't shipping be easy?

I have changed my shipping costs and ideas so many times in the past three weeks, it's driving me crazy!  I think I finally have it covered, so I thought I'd share on here.  I am going to be adding the following to each of my listings in the next few days..


In order to cover the cost of shipping materials and the careful packaging of your purchase, I include a $1 handling fee in the shipping charge. Any amount in excess of the actual postage cost of your package (shipping) + $1 (handling) will be refunded to you through Paypal as soon as I have shipped your order.*

All orders weighing under 13oz. will be shipped using USPS First Class, which I charge between 1.50 and 3.50 depending on weight.  

All listings with items weighing over 13oz. have been calculated using Flat Rate Shipping Costs for Priority Mail.  In many of the larger and heavier items, this will be the cheapest and safest way to mail them to you.  I will check Parcel Post cost at checkout and if there is a big difference, I will choose Parcel Post and refund you the difference in cost of shipping + my $1.00 handling charge.  If you have any questions or would like me to figure out the cost before you order, please send me a convo and we'll figure it out.  

I hope that my customers will understand.  I really want to make sure that shipping costs are affordable, but the post office does not make it all that easy to understand.  I think I need to go down and have like an hour chat with the ladies to figure it out!  And International shipping is a whole other ballgame.  Shipping to Canada is pretty similar in price to the US, maybe 1 to 2 dollars more depending on the weight.  But overseas.. Oh man.. I don't even know what to put up on my site.  

I am absolutely wiling to refund the difference though, so maybe that will help.  Hopefully I don't confuse anyone while I'm changing all my listings. I have 88 listings, so it may take me a while to add this text.  I should be able to adjust some shipping rates this afternoon.  


1 comment:

  1. I just found a great chart for International Shipping at the USPS website. Now I think I'll be able to give good quotes for people. I think I'll put up quotes for England at least and ask everyone else to convo me for a shipping quote! I feel a little relieved!

    ReplyDelete