Welcome

If you would like to learn more about my process as an artist and ceramist you are in the right place. I will outline my process on specific pieces and give you insight into how they were created. You can also find out more about me as a person, what I'm interested in and other great artists selling their work on Etsy. Enjoy!

Monday, May 2, 2011

Poor start to the Craft Fair Season

This past weekend, I did a craft fair which did not turn out too well.  It is so upsetting when you loose at a show, especially knowing that it was just due to the small crowd.  There was nothing that I could do to make it better.  The good thing that came out of it, which I always have to find the good things, was that I figured out what I need to do to improve upon my displays for future shows.
 I plan on displaying some of the pendants higher up next time, to bring attention to all the pendants nicely displayed in my lovely old wine box!  I really wanted a "Riffle through me" sign, about half way through the show!

It was very distracting without a wall behind me.  Some vendors had great curved walls behind them which helped to make their shop stand out and make it look more like marketplace then people set up with stuff on an indoor track!



 My new birdbaths drew a lot of attention, which is great, but I think the price scared some people off.  I was also near the back of the show and there was a vendor right at the front with hanging birdbaths which were much cheaper, since they were made from a mold.

Overall, I took away from this show some great information on displays and signage.  And don't do Spring shows!  Everyone wants to be in their gardens, not in a stuffy gym!

<---Look Dad, at the top, I displayed my sales tax sign!  Aren't you proud!  I even collected it on my one sale!


 I hope I don't sound too bitter!  My coffee maker is on the fritz too! Not a good combination.

No comments:

Post a Comment