Welcome

If you would like to learn more about my process as an artist and ceramist you are in the right place. I will outline my process on specific pieces and give you insight into how they were created. You can also find out more about me as a person, what I'm interested in and other great artists selling their work on Etsy. Enjoy!

Thursday, May 5, 2011

I have no idea what I am doing

I am full of questions today.  In part to an email I received about how I did something stupid and went against Etsy policy...In short, which those who know me, know I don't do well.  I did something stupid out of my frustrations and a very kind person put me back on track.  I'm actually really upset about what I did and there is nothing that I can do to make it better, except not do it again...Okay okay, I sent out convos to shops who hearted me and I'm sorry if you were one of them.  I won't be doing it again...

Anyway... full of questions (and frustration)

*How do I make money doing what I love?  (loaded question, I know)
*How do I promote my Etsy store?  I have tried facebook, but I think more and more people just hide me because they don't care or don't get what I'm doing.  Spring cleaning of my friends is in order!
*How can I possibly pay attention to all the blogs that I enjoy, the teams I am a part of, list new items, and pay attention to my children?  I can't!  My kids need to come first, I know that.  There is just so much to do online and really... how much of it do I need to be doing to bring business to my shop?
*Do I focus on craft fairs or Etsy?
*Should I and do I have time to offer pottery lessons at my home this summer?
*Are my children going to appreciate all that I do when they are older or resent me for spending so much time doing my art and not playing with them?
*How can I justify continuing to make things, while I have so much in stock already that I have not sold?
*Do I need a product line that all looks the same, or find a knish to market my things, or can I just keep creating?
*Am I going to run out of questions soon?
*Will I do better selling my antiques at a flea market than selling my pottery at a craft fair? And if so, should I be happy about that or sad?
*Should I be updating my tax info and charts for my business right now instead of typing on my blog?
*Do I have to claim money for taxes that I make in sales to friends and family?
*How do I get more readers to my blog?
*Should I be tweeting?  I don't even get it!  I don't have a cell phone that can tweet so what is the point?
*Speaking of cell phones, should I get an iphone and square so I can take credit cards at shows?  Or a smartphone or an ipad.  I want an ipad, that would be so cool and easier for people to see!

Okay, I'm exhausted now, should I take a nap?  Just kidding.  What I really need to be doing is glazing, but I can't yet, since my little was is up.  I'll have to wait until nap time.

I wish it wasn't raining as well.  My little one really wants to go outside.  I guess that I'll go do some housework until it's time to go to the Mother's Day thing my older son's preschool is having.  It should be cute.  It should put a smile on my face and I think that's what I really need right now!


No comments:

Post a Comment