Welcome

If you would like to learn more about my process as an artist and ceramist you are in the right place. I will outline my process on specific pieces and give you insight into how they were created. You can also find out more about me as a person, what I'm interested in and other great artists selling their work on Etsy. Enjoy!

Friday, March 22, 2013

A new look is coming for Soul Shine Arts

New upcycled items
It's been a while, so I thought I'd share just what it is that I am trying to do with my business.  As you read, I have links to the different places I'm talking about.  They should open up a new window for you, if you want to browse them after you read.

I feel like I've been on a roller coaster the last five years, becoming a Mom to three fantastic children and trying to start and maintain this business.  Along with trying to do a vintage site with my Dad.  I don't talk about that much, but you can go check it out here.

So, here is my plan, tentative as always!  Ah, the life of a stay at home mom, or any mom for that matter.
Fabric Banners and Childrens Decor

* Organize my shops so Craftcafe has all the random crafts, things I don't plan on making anymore, older pottery, mismatched or pieces that are the one left of a set.  All buttons, pendants, rings, and pins. Etsy will be for my new lines of pottery, which I have not started to work on yet.  Also for my new upcycled pillows and possibly buntings and other sewn items.

*To get to the end goal, I need to first clean up the shops (DONE).  Then I need to go through, box by box, all my pottery.  When I list it, I need to inventory it, including which box it is in, so I know where it is, easily.  I also need to keep the boxes organized for what I like to bring to craft fairs.  Keeping track of items will allow me to put my mind at ease when doing a show.

Bright Colors Collection
*I need to find free ways to advertise other than facebook.  I need to keep postings in facebook down or I will loose fans.  Dont know why, but that seems to be a factor.
                    *Pinterest - keep a pinning category of my items so others may easily pin my items.
                    *Twitter - I would like to tweet specific items in my shop weekly, but concentrate on the things I'm doing to go vegan and just about living a vegan lifestyle.
Natural Garden Collection
                    *Facebook - I will post weekly about items new to the shop (Fri.) post weekly any sales or promos for the shop (Mon.)

*Stay Calm, don't freak out about not being in the studio for so long.




That's all! For now...

No comments:

Post a Comment